Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Birthday Present

I have successfully turned 24, I think that may be a bit of a problem considering I still can't get over the fact that I ever turned 21...Oh the curse of time! I recently watched Bridget Jones and feel as though I should mimic her yearly summary's:

Age:24
Pounds lost:0
Pounds gained due to recent AUS/NZ excursion: 10
Number of boyfriends: 1
Number of prison stays: 0
Number of countries I have been in: 3
Number of personal items lost (aka stolen by Tirol): 5
Number of near death experiences: 1 (skydiving!)
Number of times Tirol has made a complete fool of herself which results in me and Hayley laughing hysterically: priceless!

I will soon be adding another near death experience to my list! Since Brian and Rosanna have had wind of my skydiving antics and my adventurous nature, they have decided to add another death defying feat to my resume. For my birthday present I am allowed to choose between two options, "there is no third option"-Brian. I can either jump off the Sky Tower or jump off the Harbor Bridge. Now when one first glances at the two the first instinct would be to chose the Sky Tower because it is much taller, but the Sky Tower is a tethered fall which means i will be jumping feet first and be in controlled fall the entire way down. The Harbor Bridge is an actual bungee jump head first. Now if I was thinking of going for a less dangerous option I might choose the Sky Tower, but if i really wanted to test my fear of heights and jumping off things the bridge might be a better option. So since I cannot decide for myself I am putting it to a vote. Majority wins. Choose my death! Now please consider every possible extreme. If my strapping were to break I would rather just be done with it than live as a vegetable. The Sky Tower would be a sure thing on putting me out of my misery, but the bridge could leave me alive...but not kicking. So think about it, choose wisely, and remember my life is in your hands!

http://www.skyjump.co.nz/
http://www.tikitouring.co.nz/auckland-bridge-bungy.htm

Harbor Bridge




Sky Tower


3 comments:

  1. Wait! If you're doing any jumping, it better be with me!

    No worries about turning 24. I tell people i'm still 23. They can't tell the different or remember how old I turned the previous year.

    I hope you lived it up on your birthday and did several things you shouldn't do! I can't wait for you to get back!

    Happy Birthday Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote Sky Tower. They did that one on The Amazing Race and it looked awesome... if you're into that kind of thing... which I'm not...

    I still think you're crazy to do any of them.

    Happy Birthday. They don't get any more fun. Turning 25 was cool, but beyond that it just makes you feel old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harbour bridge! Because controlled, feet-first falling is for pansies, and if the cord breaks... it won't... you get a less hard surface to land on. Plus, where is the fun if you don't have to worry about both cars and ships, and then sharks and jellyfish?

    ReplyDelete