Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Disappointment

There is only one reason I look forward to valentines day, only one. HEB, the local Texas grocery store, has chocolate covered strawberries that are amazing! Every year they come up with them best concoctions with oreo, butterfinger, white chocolate, M&M, toffee, etc. But Sarah, you say, how could you possibly like chocolate covered strawberries since you are a hater of all things chocolate. I myself cannot come up with a good answer to this. These delicacies fall in the same category as hot chocolate, hot fudge on ice cream, and chocolate covered caramels. For some reason it just doesn't make me sick.



So this year I found myself completely oblivious to the holiday until Sunday, the day before Valentines Day. I realized that I had almost missed out on my most favorite thing and planned to go run the HEB on Monday to stock up on my chocolate covered strawberries. Unfortunately my work schedule delayed my trip until about 6:30 in the evening. I was so excited to finally bit into a huge juicy strawberry covered in chocolate and oreo's. However, when I walked into the store I did not find any strawberries. None. I asked and begged and pleaded, but it seemed I was too late. All the strawberries were gone...forever. Well, at least until next year. I was completely gutted. Heart broken. I now officially hate this holiday. I shall forever associate it with this disappointment.

3 comments:

  1. Haha! Oh well. Can you not try making them yourself? Then you could have them all the time... :)

    And I think your chocolate aversion is entirely psychological.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making them involves work and effort. I am trying to remove those two words from my vocabulary as I have no wish to use them.

    Mentally insane or not, chocolate is gross!

    ReplyDelete