Friday, June 10, 2011

Tis The Season For Swim Camp!

It has been a LONG time since my last post. I wish I could write everything about my life, but there is only so much I can post on a blog for public viewing.

I am currently in College Station Texas working at the Texas A&M swim camp. The week previous to this I spent 2 week at the University of Texas Swim Camp. Both camps are really amazing and so different. It has also been a great experience for me to interact with so many other coaches from around the country. I realized I actually only had a couple people that I can talk to about coaching and swimming, but now I have a whole network! Swim camp is great, but it is also very hard and exhausting. At UT we were walking close to 6 miles a day and the schedule is literally go go go. In aggieland things are a bit less physically demanding. The kids get bused to the pool and we are staying in brand new dorms. I think Steve Bultman is AMAZING! I thought no one could compete with Randy Reese on innovation in the sport, but I think he is right on par. Kim and Jim at UT are also innovative, kind, and unimaginably energetic. I need to record Kris Kubik and Jim Henry (assistant coaches) talking to the kids, one of the best comedy acts ever!

During the course of the last month I also decided to get some experience interviewing since I knew I would want to make a move to another university coaching job next year. I didn't think I would receive much interest, but I had 7 amazing universities contact me. So, my initial thinking of getting some practice turned into an actual job offer. Once everything is official I will let everyone know where I will be moving to. I had a hard time deciding where I should go, but after I made the decision I feel really good about it... and so does Erika :)

Here's some pic's from UT swim camp. One with Aaron and the other with Brenden in the water.



1 comment:

  1. You were allowed to take pictures there??! lol

    ReplyDelete