Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Other UT

Today I woke up at 3am to catch a 5am flight. It was one of those mornings where all I was thinking was "kill kill kill!". The evening before I had to make a late night run to the pharmacy to get some antibiotics for a sinus infection that had rendered me unable to function. I also discovered, after an appointment at the after hours clinic, that I had allergies acting up as well as a virus. The pressure in my sinus region was so bad I thought my head would explode. So in addition to my antibiotics, I am also taking sudafed, allegra, eye drops, benedryl, and affrin.

For the record, I did not plan the flight. I accompanied my swimmer to Knoxville, Tennessee for her 3 swims at Division III nationals. We found it rather funny that there is another UT that also has orange and white for their colors. Knoxville is not at all what I expected. Strangely enough, it reminds me a lot of Austin with its lake/river views, boutiques, and University town setting. You can see our Marriott Hotel in the pic below. Me and Shawna, the trainer, took a long walk through the city and found a great pizza place as well as discovering Marble Slab. I have not been to Marble Slab since I lived in Utah.



I was also struck by the 2 year old aquatic facilities. Not only do they have this brand new facility, but they also have 2 (indoor and outdoor) other 50 meter pools. I wanted to transport one of them back to Southwestern. It is a very nice pool, but the visitor lockers rooms have a capacity of 50 and there are going to be 800 girls trying to put on their suits at the same time. This is going to be interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Div 3 schools are getting these pools ... And we swam in a million year old pool lol

    ReplyDelete