Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The clouds have parted

I finally received my grades for the semester. I took 4 masters classes which is considered death since it is recommended that a student only take one or two. The one class I was worried about was a stats class that involved a majority of work to be done in groups. Unfortunately I was put in a dead beat group. By the end of the semester I had resigned myself to a B because of the the many difficulties I had trying to do the entire groups work. I had to get a 95 on the final in order to get an A. I never thought it possible, but I was able to get that 95 exactly and also the highest grade in the class on the final. Therefore my 4.0 is still in tact!! I was so shocked. Me, the worst test taker in the world got a 95 on a stats final?! My professor emailed me with his congratulations on my achievement and I can't help but want to ask him if me made some kind of mistake but i won't. If it was a mistake I am happy to leave it that way :). I feel perfectly content thinking I am amazing.

Currently the Torpedo's are looking for a pool to move to. We are growing and need more sophisticated/larger facilities. I absolutely love coaching the Torpedo's and hope that everything works out. I have a ton of ideas that changes that I will be making for the upcoming short course season and just hope I survive the summer with the 5 classes I am taking along with coaching 2 teams. People think I am crazy, but I actually like being kept so busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment