Saturday, April 25, 2009

Wow!!

That last two days have been a blur. Me ad Erika decided to go see West Side Story because the Times had given it such a good review. We did the lottery and I won! I was so excited to finally see this show. I must say however it was extremely disappointing. The dancing was good, but the sets were lacking. Tony was really weak and almost the entire show was in Spanish. Literally in Spanish! All my favorite songs were sung in Spanish!! Entire conversations in Spanish!! My poor friend Erika who had never seen the movie or heard the songs before had no idea what was going on. The worst part was the song 'There's A Place For Us', instead of Tony and Maria singing they brought out this random kid who sang the whole song. The only saving grace of this show was Riff and Maria. They were both spectacular. Maria's voice was so amazing! But overall, do not pay money to see this show unless you enjoy Spanish musicals.

Today we had brunch at Bubby's (sooo good!!), rode bikes in the park, and saw the play Mary Stuart. This show is a must see! We were in the front row and for those of you who have no fear of things flying out at them, this is the best seat in the house....you might also want to bring a poncho. They did things on that stage that I didn't think were possible. At the end me and Erika only had one word for it "WOW!". The women are dressed in period clothing while the men were dressed in modern suits like secret service men. It totally threw us off at first but it really made the story timeless and real. There is also an entire scene with rain, not fake rain....real rain! Not a light drizzle, but pouring rain! The entire confrontation scene with Mary and Queen Elizabeth was done in rain and on a flooded stage. The actors were incredible.

Tomorrow we are going to Alice's Tea Cup for brunch, Church, and then the much anticipated Billy Elliot followed by dinner at Grimaldi's (best pizza in the world). Really looking forward to it.

P.S. I got a hair cut. I love it. I have bangs again, but its very different!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you're having so much fun. Where are the pictures of your haircut that I've heard so much about? That's what I've been waiting for these past few days and nothing.

    ReplyDelete